NEW Virtual Online Course
This new live course is based on the content from the Adult MHFA Two Day course, has the same learning outcomes and on completion learners will receive a Mental Health First Aid certificate.
The online Mental Health First Aid is made up of both individual learning activities and a series of live sessions hosted on our new MHFA England Online Learning Hub. Individual learning will be based on a combination of videos, workbook activities and reading. The live sessions are led by your approved MHFA England Instructor, Jane Nathan, who has a wide range of experience in the area.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Recognise the symptoms of mental health issues
- Provide initial help
- Guide a person towards appropriate professional help
MHFA won’t teach you how to be a therapist, but once you’ve completed the two day course you will be able to say you’re a Mental Health First Aider.
- Mental Health First Aid, mental health, and depression
- Depression (cont.) and suicidal crisis
- Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self harm
- Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
In each section you’ll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental health issue from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health issues.